Thursday 3 February 2011

Telephone operators

Recently I made a mistake on my flight details for FlyEmirates. But I managed to settle everything by just calling up the main office.


Previously, my flatmate had a VERY stressful period dealing with the phone operators so I wasn't keen on calling up, even insisted of going down to the main office to settle everything face-to-face. But a combination of Glasgow's 'awesome' weather and my lazy bum, I just decided to make a simple call.

I was pleasantly surprised when my phone operator was very nice, polite and efficient. Got everything settled..Easy peasy. Should have asked for his name and maybe put in a good word for him.
*It was so casual that I even shamelessly asked if there's any 'special' discount he can give. LOL*

Speaking of phone operators, I was wondering...maybe 7 out of 10 times, the phone operators are indians?


I've never heard someone with a chinese accent over the other line. Will be cool to hear someone really chinese one day~maybe even continue the conversation in mandarin or cantonese.

But it's true that indians are much faster at learning new languages as compared to other races. Maybe because Hindi, Tamil...are so difficult to begin with.

I love learning different languages. Only 3 phrases are important to master a particular language;
1. Hi! How are you?
2. Thank you
3. *Swearing words*

No comments:

Post a Comment