Friday 27 May 2011

HIV test

Just a couple of weeks ago, I got a letter from occupational health to go for HIV and Hep C blood tests. Mind you, I'm not in the high-risk group, it's for my job application. Nonetheless, I was quite excited about it.

The test was done in Victoria Infirmary about 30-40minutes bus ride away. I took the effort to ask for the day off and went early for the test thinking that it will probably take at least half a day for it to be done. I was expecting a proper HIV pre-test discussion bout confidentiality, HIV and how it is transmitted, the treatment options if I happened to be positive, the 3-month window period..blablabla. Nope..nada..nothing at all..

Went in, 'forced' to sign a consent paper, "SHARP SCATCH", bled, bye!
All the crap the medical school told us bout giving pre-test counseling..I feel so cheated!
I want my pre-test counseling!!!!

Btw, the "SHARP SCATCH" was bloody sharp! I was trying real hard not to cry. Am now more aware of how painful and traumatizing it is to be bled. Empathy! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment