Thursday 6 November 2008

1st GP visit

I got posted to a clinic/surgery FAR FAR FAR away~ and I am still not able to pronounce or spell the name of the place?kilkirnoch?kilkirnacock? When I googled map..It'll take almost 3 hours to WALK or bout 45minutes to drive there!!!*so I guessed no way I can ride my bike there..haih~*

I was a bit nervous bout taking the bus or the subway myself for the 1st time.

BUT, luckily...we were posted in groups of 2 or 3. AND...lucky me~I got posted with a lenzhai irish guy! JEALOUS NOT? wuahahahaha!!! What's more...he's super nice and really really friendly~!



mini preview 1st
dun wan to show you his face yet...later everyone drool over him!



The clinic was really really far away, and rural...there are fields and farms filled with cows and horses. The place was just mesmerizing! I'm saying this NOT because there's a lenzhai beside me ya!

The clinic visit was lots of FUN! When the 1st patient came in, it HIT me like a brick that this is the REAL thing! The doctor gave us lots of freedom. We were asked to interview the patients as we like with him sitting in a corner. We were allowed to give our probably diagnosis and give advices and suggest treatment. Seriously stimulate sparks in our brain. And as usual, the doctor would shoot us with some random questions. Makes you alert and full of energy at all times! *sucked so much brain power and energy out of me that I slept in the bus on the way back!hehehe...*

Our doctor, Dr Ian Cannon was really knowledgable and highly respected among the community. He's amazing...a great teacher. Honestly, I was expecting common cases like headache, fever and diarrhoea but we had such a huge range of diseases and findings...completely love it!


Looking forward to the next visit! yipee~

No comments:

Post a Comment