Wednesday 25 February 2009

American Idol season 8...so far

I love watching American Idol!!! I've got no TV here but it's not gonna stop me from tuning in each week~I love giving critics..then reviewing with friends on how the performances faired. It's just awesome!

Anyway it's now in it's 15 episode! Tomorrow's gonna be the result show for the Top36 (2nd batch). I kinda guessed who's gonna make it through...*Megan Joy Corkrey, Adam Lambert, Allison Iraheta* We'll see tomorrow~

Basically this season's voting system is slightly different. The judges have chosen the Top36 and they are divided into 3 batches. Each week 3 people will get through ( Top female, Top male and next highest vote getter) Then there'll be a wild card round where there'll put put another 3 through from those who didn't make it in the 1st place. All together..making the Top12.

-Already in the Top12 from the 1st batch-

Top female - Alexis Grace
She has this beautiful daughter and her boyfriend's in the military. I'm actually glad she made it!



Top male - Michael Sarver
Macho man but when he sings...he looks SO sensitive! such a family man! So sexy~hehe...




Next top vote getter - Danny Gokey
Actually I thought he was kinda gay with the 'best friend' who didn't make it to the Top36 but I don't want to comment too much. He just lost his wife like recently. Undeniably a great singer!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I'm absolutely daft that some of my favourites didn't make it into the Top12...namely

Anoop Desai
I may be racist but then he's so funny! He looked so slumber during his auditions (with the short pants and slippers)


I would love to see him in the Top12! very entertaining! He kinda reminds me of Kumar from "Harold and Kumar" who's currently acting in House MD as well! Oh well..there's always the Wild Card round!




Tatiana Nicole Del Toro
My sister HATES her! I don't really like her but I love the drama that she's causing in AI8! She's such a drama queen!!! It's so hilarious to look at her~I hope she stays on longer in AI8 just for the drama!hahaha...

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Just thought it's worth mentioning...those that didn't make it through the 1st batch...

Anne Marie
Pretty but she kinda lacks the 'confidence' factor. Too bad~




Stevie Wright
Judges loved her but she did badly last week so what to do..gotta say bye bye! They kept saying she's really pretty~Forgive me if I'm wrong..but she kinda looks weird to me..her features are SO BIG! BIG eyes..BIG mouth..BIG nose? Pretty? Maybe scottish girls are of a different league...My taste has been spoilt by the pretty caucasians here!




Steven Fowler
Very forgettable...the only thing I remembered from his was that he stormed out during Hollywood week when he forgot his lyrics. Terrible manners~




Jackie Tohn
I love her. She's this rocker chick who's absolutely beautiful and yet has this tomboyishness bout her...But she was wearing this really weird outfit for the performance last week. Admire her confidence.


Definitely a fashion NO NO!



Brent Keith
Dull..he sang country music. When Simon said that he was forgettable..he was so defensive! But it's true~




Casey Carlson
Very young and pretty. I was kinda disappointed that she was so pitchy. But a bit too plastic for me.




Ricky Braddy
He's kinda cute but I guessed there's just too many competition...


That raps it all up for the 1st batch of Top36
______________________________________________

As for this week, the 3 people that I predict who's gonna make it to the Top12....tada...

Allison Iraheta
Only 16! Simon said she has 'raw' talent. So young~Her voice was so husky and strong!hehe...



Megan Joy Corkrey
She's just......different! I thought her dance was just really weird and funny! I was laughing the whole time!!!I can't believe all the judges didn't comment on it! She reminds me of Reese Witherspoon.




Adam Lambert
He's good but not my favourite. Just a thought that Americans would most probably vote for him.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I would more likely vote for...


Kris Allen
Not that he can sing very very very well..but he's just seems like such a nice guy!


AND


Nick Mitchell or Norman Gentle?
He's SO entertaining! Just for laughs though...

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Just worth mentioning the other contestants tat are gonna be crushed in tomorrow's result show...sorry~


Kai Kalama
Such a sweet boy. Loves mommy so much!!! Feel so sorry for you~



Jessie Langseth
I was like..who the h*ll is she? I have no memory of seeing her before. Tak kan she's TAT forgettable???how she made it into the Top36? She's so pale she kinda looked like a vampire *the evil one*



Matt Girdaud
Piano dual guy. My sis's favourite!



Jeanie Vailes
She mentioned that she's out of the radar..SO true. I felt as if I've never seen her before this week's performance! But I guess that's the only chance we'll see her~NOT likely to make it to the Top12. We live in a harsh world~



Jasmine Murray
I remembered she's the youngest in the family with all her siblings old enough to be her mommy. She looks like a celebritiy to me dy..I have no idea why?




Michavonna Henson
No comment. Can't remember anything bout her. Just know that it's her 2nd attempt at AI.



Matt Breitzke
He's doing this for the MONEY...for his FAMILY~bigger version of Chris Daughtry



______________________________________________

The next batch and the last batch for the Top 36


Von Smith


Scott MacIntyre
*he's blind..shh...*




Nathaniel Marshall
he's GAY and super EMO!




Lil Rounds



Kendall Beard



Kristen McNamara



Junot Joyner


Jorge Nunez


Arianna Afsar



Alex Wagner

_____________________________________________

On another note...did anyone noticed who came for the result show last week...none other than MY Michael John!!! *scream...faint*




I can't believe he didn't win last seasons. Those that didn't vote for him last season....RETARDS!!! Luckily he's coming out with an album!!! So excited~ To show my support to him...I'm not gonna download his songs online...I'll definitely visit the pasar malam when I'm back in Malaysia to buy his 'original' CD!!!




Another guy that I absolutely adore in this season's AI is Michael Castro (Jason Castro's lil bro). I was surprised that he didn't make it into the Top36. The judges must have been drunk when they were making the decision...He's like a total chick magnet!


Michael Castro

The Castros
Michael, Jaqueline *13y/o*, Jason


They are so cute!

Till tomorrow...we shall see who's the next 3 who made it to the Top12!

3 comments:

  1. nice post!
    wanted to write about it! but never mind lah .. haha. lazy also!

    i love michael castro also!!!
    :(
    i love him!he's cuter than jason!!
    and younger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah..it took me so long to finish the post!
    i dun think i'll want to do another post on it..just too many ppl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. adams awesome..
    but i want gokey in my pantss;)

    ReplyDelete