Friday 20 February 2009

Phlebotomist?not!

This week in GP, my partner, Niall suggested drawing blood for our clinical practice. I've never done it on a real person before. We had a clinical skill session on a dummy hand and it was a
TOTAL BLOOD BATH!!


And I was in the same group as Niall for the clinical dummy session..and we made a TOTAL MESS..blood everywhere! Imagine my 'excitement' knowing we're gonna draw blood from each other!!! I can imagine how scared he was...but he didn't show. Good man!hehe...

I drew blood from Niall 1st but then it wasn't successful...Kinda poke the needle into soft tissue..luckily I'm gentle lady or I might have punctured his vein! Anyway, it was his turn to draw blood from me...I regretted going 1st because he'll have a chance of vengance! *AIKS!*

My arm turned all blue and cold, I think I must have been trembling because Niall and the GP kept asking me whether I'm alright!hahaha...The alcohol swap was like water swap..I didn't feel any anaesthetic effect!?! It wasn't excruciating pain when the needle poked..but still....it's more than an ant bite!!! Niall was successful...ah..my precious blood...gone~! Coz the doctor threw away the blood after. *Darn...*

Anyway..it was really fun and interesting! I knew I would like to write a post on this experience so on the way back, I asked Niall to post a 'scary horny' face...like those vampires who wants to suck your blood! But as you will see...my request was totally ignored!



After several attempts...
I give up!!!
Niall has no talent for making a scary face!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh you so need to come to Seremban hospital...
    We get to take blood from real patients... just ask the houseman...

    ReplyDelete